Gliding just above the clouds faster than the speed of sound.
What are The Supernatural Olympics?
Last updated: Jun 17, 2006
Would you want to jump 90 feet high or glide through the air at 800 mph... without any machines? How about running at 200 mph using very little energy or falling faster than 2000 mph through the clouds? These special abilities allow just this and a lot more.
- Float run - The float run is a quick way to cruise on the ground using little energy. Rather than touching the ground, you float a few inches above it. The float run is supported in both editions unrestricted.
Float-running 200 mph along the highway and city seems like fun
- Glide - Gliding allows for easy high-speed movement through the air accelerating at 5 mph per second and going downward at a constant 2 feet per second. In the free edition, when reaching 200 mph, you drop out of the glide and start falling. In the full edition, gliding is limited to 800 mph but you can glide for hours without any drop out (until you land anyway) which is over 5000 miles.
Gliding above the clouds at 800 mph is a serene scene.
- Fall-glide - The fall-glide reduces acceleration caused by gravity to just 5 mph per second. If used just before landing, a bounce occurs in what is known as a fall-glide-hop. In the free edition, the fall-glide-hop won't work when going faster than 200 mph. It is otherwise unrestricted.
Using the fall-glide-hop can give serious height.
- Stomp - The stomp has two varieties. The bounce stomp is used to gain serious height and quickly and the pound stomp is used to land quickly. Acceleration is 80 mph per second instead, four times that of normal gravity. In the free edition, the bounce stomp doesn't work when above 400 mph. The pound stomp is unrestricted.
The pound stomp gives serious speed.
- Speed blast - The speed blast is a quick way to gain high speed horizontally. The blast off speed can go as high as the speed of sound. The speed blast is only available in the full edition.
Charging up the speed blast causes some atmospheric distortions.
- Flash attack - The flash attack is used to instantly gain 100 mph in any direction. In the free edition, you can only go straight up and straight down. In the full edition, you can aim in any of 8 directions. The flash caused by it is disabled by default but can be enabled through using the menus.
Using the flash attack causes a flash that fades away quickly.
- Maximum number of jumps - In The Supernatural Olympics, you can jump up to 5 times in mid-air, often getting reset through the use of certain special abilities. The first jump is off the ground then 5 more are allowed in mid-air. Both editions are unrestricted on this.
Jumping 91 2/3 feet is easy to do.
9.1.3 The Supernatural Olympics - a high-speed action game
9.1.3-1 What is the game? - an introduction to the game
9.1.3-2 Feature comparison chart - a quick overview of the features
9.1.3-3 Scenery features - features related to the game's scenery
9.1.3-4 Special features - features rarely seen in games
9.1.3-5 On-screen information - features related to the data shown around the display
9.1.3-6 Special abilities - explains the various special abilities
9.1.3-7 Special effects - explains what the various special effects are
9.1.3-8 Challenges - details about the challenges
9.1.3-9 General features - other features
9.1.3-10 System requirements - what system requirements there are
9.1.3-11 Support, returns, updates, and upgrades - how to obtain support
9.1.3-12 Ten reasons to upgrade - the top ten reasons to upgrade to the full edition
9.1.3-13 Future plans and features - features planned for the future and the game's general future
9.1.3-14 Update checklist - an in-depth checklist for things I need to do before the next release becomes available
9.1.3-15 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - some common questions that may be asked
9.1.3-16 How to purchase - how to buy the game and complete the upgrade.
9.1.3-17 End-user license agreement - Read this first before using the software or it's components.
9.1.3-18 Download - Download the game and game manual (and any updates).
9.1.3-19 Version 3.0 overview - An overview of the upcoming version, 3.0.