Gliding just above the clouds faster than the speed of sound.
What are The Supernatural Olympics?
Last updated: Jun 17, 2006
This section covers the general features, of which don't fit in the other categories.
- Logos - Upon starting up the game, the scenery is visible and the two logos fade in and out before the menus appear to begin doing anything. In the free edition, the logos appear twice as long as does the full edition. The first logo is the Gamestudio logo, of which I am legally required to display. The second is my logo which appears after the Gamestudio logo.
- Water mark - The water mark is a piece of transparent text near the top of the screen, of which is present in all above screenshots. The free edition's water mark, however, looks a little different. The full edition, however, doesn't have it, unless a beta version (the development version) is used. The beta version (in any edition) always has it.
The water mark as shown in the free edition at the highest possible point after setting the clouds' height to 5000.
- Game manual - The game manual explains some of these features and is available as a separate free download. It is a CHM file, a common type help file where you can search for things. It is available for both editions for free.
- Save/load system - Save nearly anything you want at your choice. Rather than the usual things getting saved such as high scores and general configuration settings, you can also save scenery positions, on-screen data information, scenery configurations (the scaling, visibility, speeds, heights, and other such settings), and several other things otherwise not normally saved in games. The free edition only allows for the saving of high scores and general configurations, but not anything else. The full edition has no restrictions.
- Support - When you need help or have a problem, want to file a bug report, or submit a suggestion, support is neccessary. Support is available for both editions. I go through support questions on a first come, first serve basis.
- Updates - Updates contain bug fixes and new features. Updates are always free for free edition users. Updates are free within a version for full edition users. That is, updating to version 2.5 from 2.4 is free, but not 2.4 to 3.x. Updates for free edition users will have a delay of a few days before they see the update available. Updates for full edition users are available to them sooner. Even though there is a delay in the release of the update for free edition users, bug fixes will not be made. In short, full edition users get priority.
9.1.3 The Supernatural Olympics - a high-speed action game
9.1.3-1 What is the game? - an introduction to the game
9.1.3-2 Feature comparison chart - a quick overview of the features
9.1.3-3 Scenery features - features related to the game's scenery
9.1.3-4 Special features - features rarely seen in games
9.1.3-5 On-screen information - features related to the data shown around the display
9.1.3-6 Special abilities - explains the various special abilities
9.1.3-7 Special effects - explains what the various special effects are
9.1.3-8 Challenges - details about the challenges
9.1.3-9 General features - other features
9.1.3-10 System requirements - what system requirements there are
9.1.3-11 Support, returns, updates, and upgrades - how to obtain support
9.1.3-12 Ten reasons to upgrade - the top ten reasons to upgrade to the full edition
9.1.3-13 Future plans and features - features planned for the future and the game's general future
9.1.3-14 Update checklist - an in-depth checklist for things I need to do before the next release becomes available
9.1.3-15 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - some common questions that may be asked
9.1.3-16 How to purchase - how to buy the game and complete the upgrade.
9.1.3-17 End-user license agreement - Read this first before using the software or it's components.
9.1.3-18 Download - Download the game and game manual (and any updates).
9.1.3-19 Version 3.0 overview - An overview of the upcoming version, 3.0.