This is what I looked like on September 19, 2008 during a vacation. Duluth is in the background.
What is your history like?
Last updated: Dec 18, 2005
Level 7 update on May 29, 2007
1 What this is
This section is about me and my history in general. Although some of the details, especially the early years, are unavailable or vague, sometimes running events in my mind game jog my memory and sometimes they are hinted at in some of my over 500 dreams. I've split this rather long report into several categories (and subcategories in the case of the dream journal because of it's immense size, nearly 1 megabyte of SHTML files, not including images) to help.
2 My current life
2.1 Brief summary of history
Games: I was otherwise very normal before I became 4 years old. When I was around 4 years old, I began playing video games with the Atari. Day in and day out often for 10+ hours a day (except school), I played the Atari and future console systems that came out. This severe addiction to video games led to at least half of my many mental problems. It was only around mid to late 2001 that my addiction to video games was beginning to be lost and was otherwise lost almost entirely in 2003. Only the dream of making my own games and listening to video game music are the only things that remain strong with video games. I still occasionally play them, but almost always classics.
School: With school, I've had many difficulties. My severe addiction to video games, major lack of sleep, and dozens of bullies made school very difficult to me from grades 3 to 10. I hated school a lot, especially my 5th and 9th grade years which are the worst times of my life. By 10th grade, however, things began to change. They changed so much that I actually began to like school, despite all the difficulties that I had. From grade 10 until the end (grade 12), I finally managed to succeed and graduate and now I frequently get into watching educational TV shows and, recently (as of May 29, 2007), even subscribed to a magazine with a lot of science-related stuff (Scientific American to be precise).
Other problems I have: My severe addiction to video games caused numerous other problems, many of which rather bizarre. My most memorable problems are that of blue water being dangerous (overcome), mirrors (still present, even after almost two decades and very little progress), stairs (still present and had for about 8 years), and chairs (only booths in restaurants and car seats are acceptable - it's the floor otherwise). My forward-shifting sleep-wake cycle, which is now beginning to be understood considering the 15 or so years I've had it and 5 I've truly experienced it) is another memorable problem, but not related to my video game addictions.
Writing: I've written many stories, all of which currently unpublished. My stories generally feature my biggest dreams and what I do in my complex mind game. I've even made a few attempts to get publicized turning my stories into a movie, but both attempts ended in failure (one rejection and one with no response, even after 2+ years). My best candidate is my "The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters" story, of which has been rewritten about 4 times by now.
Computer Programming: Since January of 2005, I've been into computer programming. Although I've attempted this previously a few times many years before this, I found it far too confusing, Gamestudio resolved this with the easy-to-use language and internet forums. I've since developed numerous tricks for working around a problem. "The Interactive Animation" was my first real program and "The Supernatural Olympics" was my first real game. Although Gamestudio got me rather far, it's numerous limitations and annoyances steered me away from using it. I've since went with C programming and rereleased my first program. Redoing "The Supernatural Olympics" is my current project but I have 3 others with "George Game 13" and my 3D RPG game being my ultimate projects.
Frustrating to boring: While I was at school, life for me was very frustrating and very stressful. Ever since I graduated from high school in late May of 2003, my life went to very boring instead. Day in and day out, it's mainly between my computer, TV (mainly educational shows, cartoons, and the news), and, very rarely, video games. I otherwise get very little fun and I haven't had a single vacation since July or August of 2000.
2.2 The current general cycle
The current cycle has had little change since I graduated from high school in late May of 2003.
- I wake up. I jot down the time I get out of bed. If I have a new dream I recalled, I write the details on it first right after jotting down the time I woke up so I can later update my dream journal (within this report).
- After this, I do any of 3 things throughout the rest of the day.
- The first and primary is using my computer. Browsing the forums and checking my E-mail is almost always the first thing I do. Beyond that, it's either working on my website's next update, my current game project, or rarely anything else.
- The second is watching TV, usually educational shows and sometimes the news or animated cartoons made before 1985 (after which, they get very bad). I mainly watch TV if the forums are dead and I have negative motive for anything else. I always watch TV while I'm eating since it's the only thing possible. I always watch TV when I'm eating, which takes about 2 hours. The worst time for watching TV for me is from 2:00 AM to about 6:00 AM where there's lots of "paid programming" things. It's not unusual for me to delay eating until something more worthy is on on TV.
- The third thing is playing my video games. I only do so if the forums are dead (very little or no activity), have negative motive for doing anything on my computer, and that there's nothing of interest at all on TV. On rare occasions, I get hooked on playing my games for a week or two and often don't do use my computer or watch TV (TV only when I have to eat since I can't play my games and eat at the same time). It's almost always classics that I play, usually platform games.
- I go to bed. When I declare I'm going to bed, I write down the time I went to bed just under the time I woke up. While in bed, I spend about 20 to 75 minutes writing details on the day's events. It then takes me about a half hour to finally fall asleep where I sleep usually 8 to 10 hours a day (although I have had cases of 17 hours and other monsters like that, they're quite rare).
Since high school graduation, this has been almost unchanged. With all the dreams I have and that I want more and more details for each (500 is high and tempting to me), I began writing details on them. Due to a severe limitation with transportation (care to pay $56 to go swimming at the YMCA or $40 to go bowling for just one measely game?), I otherwise cannot do anything without having to pay a lot for a taxi. Although I do occasionally get to go out and I take almost every chance I can, but it's almost always for grocery shopping and very rarely anything else. Even if it means having to stay awake for 30 hours to go to a place 200 miles away and back again, I'd do it and I've done it (in May of 2006 - see my blog for details). Considering it's been over 6 1/2 years since I last had a vacation (this was before my website even existed), I have no idea what I'm missing out on because of these issues.
Day in and day out, I'm almost always listening to video game music and frequently at a speed slower or faster than true speed. To you, getting 20 consecutive plays is hard enough, but that's only a very small scratch on my 3 records of 52, 46, and 42 days nonstop. If I never slept, I'd be listening to the same song for 22 to 23 hours straight, occasionally changing the speed, but even the same speed and EQ settings can remain for several days and my top 2 records of 17 and 12 days is just way out there.
2.3 My "domain"
This photo is over 2 years old and no longer applies. Here's a description of the layout in general:
- North - my computer is here. My 19-inch CRT monitor is on top of a nightstand just 2 feet above the ground (I would prefer 20 inches instead, but it was all I had). My keyboard is on a box toward the south of the monitor and just 14 inches above the floor. The mouse is to the east only 8 inches above the floor on top of the bottom of a box. The keyboard has 4 drier sheets covering it (my rather oily hands make it uncomfortable and these help (and help block some dust to some extent)). 3 Altoids containers prevent the dryer sheets from sliding unexpectedly. My hands rest on a blanket. That same blanket covers my mouse and for the same reason as the keyboard and I use a secondary blanket for resting my hands on. To the west and east of my monitor are my speakers, a 2-speaker system. I almost always have mono sound files playing (99.9% of the time) so there's no need for 2.1 or 5.1 sound. My computer case is about 18 inches to the west of my monitor, rotated at an angle for getting to easier in case I need to install or replace a new piece of internal hardware or troubleshoot a hardware-related problem. Below my case is where I stash my papers for recycling.
- Northeast - my closet, cans and trash containers are here. My closet generally stores very rarely used things like my globe and hit-a-bump board. Not all of it is my stuff though. The cans bag, 3 feet from my monitor, is used to store crushed cans (for my lemonades I drink; I crush them using my hands). My trash bag is just to the south of the cans bag, usually containing paper towels (almost always from degreasing my pizzas) wrappers and other things my local recycling center doesn't bother to take. My clothes are located on shelves about 5 feet above the floor, 3 above my monitor. They are stashed in a box. My driver and software disks for my computer are located on the bottom with snack foods as well in unopened boxes. The second shelf contains general treasures I find, usually of very low importance or value (like a paper clip or rubber band). The third shelf contains one of my computer's speakers, and boxes of my Hamburger Helper that I rarely have. Things of moderate importance are stored here. The shelf above contains my clothes and the top shelf contains some semi-essential things like batteries, light bulbs (the compact fluorescent type), and CD cases.
- East - I plug my MP3 player in to charge here and more of my closet area is here as well. Part of the area where I sleep is here since that's where the heat duct is, required for me during the winter. My regular nondigital clock is here as well.
- Southeast - my door is here, but there's otherwise nothing much here.
- South - my shelves are here, used primarily for storage of rarely used things. Boxes that my recycling center won't recycle (waxed) are stored here for crushing later on, along with some other things of low importance.
- Southwest - More shelves and my bright green-digit digital clock is here. Rarely used things are stored here in addition.
- West - video game consoles, dresser, and my TV are here. I always have the NES, Playstation 1, and Sega Genesis here. The Gamecube is on occasion, but not always since my sister occasionally uses it. The dresser isn't used for clothes, rather, its used for storage of medium-low importance semi-rarely used things. My TV is a CRT with the date of manufacture as May of 1995. The TV uses a coaxial cable to connect my games with (rather than the 3-colored cables (white, yellow, and red), it's just a single connector).
- Northwest - I toss stained or damaged clothes over here so I don't bother having to search them again and again (wasting time) finding them stained again. My computer's printer is also here.
- Center - This is where I sleep. I keep my daily logs here as well and it's also where I play my video games from. My clock that uses the atomic clock for automatically setting itself is here that shows my room's temperature. From 74 to 77°F during the winter is where I'm most comfortable and 75 to 78°F for the summer.
For about 21 to 23 hours a day on average, I'm in this area. I briefly come out of my room for a small break or to use the bathroom, but that's about it. The rare case of going grocery shopping (once every 7 or 14 days, almost always on Saturday when I actually have transportation to some extent) or my parents forcing me to do unwanted house work (that I try to avoid as much as possible, even if it means getting my room to 86°F to keep silent about it further reduces it.
3 The future
The near future doesn't seem to have any differences in my activities. I don't see any changes occurring any time soon other than the possible rereleased of my first real game, "The Supernatural Olympics".
Further in my future would be the commercial release of my 2D RPG game, then my first 3D game, George Game 13 which is my do-anything high-speed 3D platform game. Later on would be the release of my 3D RPG game then probably something else that even more closely mimics my mind game. Outside games, I don't see that much of a change occurring.
In my far future, new technologies may have a solution to my numerous issues I have. Beyond this, I don't know. See the "myself in 2050" section for a few visions of myself in the year 2050, a bit over 40 years from now.
4.1 About me home - General overview and background
4.1-1 What this is
4.1-2 My current life
4.1-3 The future
4.2 Dream journal - My dreams I get while sleeping - contains over 500 dreams and grows rapidly
4.2-2 Special notes
4.2-3 Dream stat descriptions
4.2-4 Dream statistics
4.2-5 The categories
4.3 Favorites - What I like and dislike most
4.4 Imaginary friends - Learn what my imaginary friends were like and their special abilities
4.4-2 In depth descriptions
4.4-3 The future
4.5 Video games - My history with video games and the many bad things they caused
4.5-1 The beginning
4.5-2 Too much video game playing
4.5-3 Making my own games
4.5-4 The future
4.6 School - Learn what school was like for me, how the classes went, and other events related to school
4.6-1 Elementary school
4.6-2 Middle school
4.6-3 High school
4.6-4 Filling my need for education
4.6-5 My education future
4.7 Special events - Learn about how YMCA camp, tours, and other special events went for me
4.7-1 Triangle YMCA camp
4.7-2 Touring my home state with my friend
4.7-3 Shakespearian play
4.7-4 The state fair
4.7-5 The antique car club
4.7-6 Trip into Canada
4.8 Math skills - I can work wonders with numbers and perform calculations in my head at a blazing fast speed
4.8-1 Well beyond most everyone else
4.8-2 I became unforunate
4.8-3 Super fast mental math
4.8-4 If object gets numbers, I get a formula
4.8-5 The future
4.9 Special abilities - The special capabilities I have outside mathematics
4.9-3 High-speed, high-accuracy mental math
4.9-4 High-res vision
4.10 Developed systems - Status System, Spell System and other systems I've developed
4.10-1 My Status System
4.10-2 My Spell System
4.10-3 Color system
4.11 Stories - The birth of my story-writing efforts
4.11-1 The "Wonderful Adventure" days
4.11-2 The "Rise of Atlantis" days
4.11-3 One other story
4.11-4 No more story writing
4.11-5 My sources of ideas
4.11-6 The future (general)
4.12 Online activities - The history of my website and the usage of online forums
4.12-1 Online forums
4.12-2 My website
4.13 Music - My history with music - learn the origins to why I listen to songs at different speeds for thousands of loops at a time
4.13-2 The present
4.13-3 The future
4.13-4 Music FAQs
4.14 Major fears - My list of fears, problems, and obsessions, both past and present
4.14-2 Current fears
4.14-3 Old fears that have been overcome
4.14-4 Current problems
4.14-5 Old problems that have been overcome
4.14-6 Current obsessions
4.14-7 Old obsessions
4.15 Major issues - Major issues I have in my life at the moment
4.15-1 Fears, problems, and obsessions
4.15-2 Sleep-wake cycle
4.15-3 No transportation
4.15-4 Showers are rare
4.15-5 My annoying nose
4.15-6 Limited choice of foods
4.15-7 Getting a job
4.16 TV and movies - How I am with watching TV and movies, both past and present
4.16-2 The present
4.16-3 The future
4.17 Food and drink - My history with food and drink, including past meals I made, as well as the present and future
4.17-2 The present
4.17-3 The future
4.18 Travel and vacations - Past vacations and travel, as well as the current case of 6+ years without a vacation, including places of interest
4.18-2 The present
4.18-3 The future
4.19 My senses - Things involving my 5 main senses - strong, high-res vision, but very weak smell to name some
4.19- [document yet to be created]
4.20 Doctors and meds - My past involving doctor visits and meds to fixing my issues as well as the present
4.20- [document yet to be created]
4.21 Hobbies - My hobbies, including things I was involved with in the past not in any other category
4.21-6 The present
4.21-7 The future
4.22 Game design - My history of game design as well as the present and possible future
4.22-2 The present
4.22-3 The future
4.23 Noncomputer games - Backgrounds on various noncomputer games, such as throwing cards to play Hit-a-bump and other things, including past games not listed on my website, as well as general evolvements and what caused me to create them.
4.23- [document yet to be created]
4.24 Other memorable events - General events I recall unusually well, but not anything special
4.24- [document yet to be created]
4.25 Other things - Dates, marriage, having kids, friends, religion, holidays, and various other things
4.25- [document yet to be created]
4.26 Myself in the year 2050 - How I envision myself and a day in the year 2050
4.26- [document yet to be created]
4.27 My greatest wishes - Activities I would love to do